Sports seasons are in full swing. Whether it is hockey, basketball or football, there is always some sort of game on in this house….. and what better than sports games…. the food!!!!! Appetizers!!!! For my boys, snacking is just as important as the game..... Here are my healthy go to appetizers …..I LOVE finding new recipes that that taste delicious but are not loaded with unhealthy ingredients……These are some of my family’s favorites…….
Garlic Cheddar Bay Bread Clouds- think of Red Lobster biscuits but without the carbs!!!
2oz- Cream Cheese
3tbsp shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper
1tbsp Dried Parsley
¼ Baking Powder
Sweet Potatoes, Brie, Red Pepper Jelly Melts
3 large Sweet potatoes
Round 8oz of Brie Cheese
Red Pepper Jelly
Best Oven Fries- Garlic Parmesan
This recipe is a must… it is from one of my favorite food vloggers- Laura Vitale. Here is her recipe. Click on the video to watch how to make these…. They are absolutely delicious…..
3 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled
3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Parsley
1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano (parmesan cheese)
Salt and Pepper
1) Cut the potatoes into thin “(French fries) shape. Place the potatoes in a bowl full of cold water and allow them to sit for 30 minutes.
2) Drain the potatoes and dry them thoroughly. Place them on a microwave safe plate (you will need to do this in batches) and microwave the potatoes for about 3 or 4 minutes or until the potatoes have softened a bit.
3) Meanwhile preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place a nonstick baking sheet in the oven to preheat it as well.
4) Toss your partially cooked potatoes with your vegetable oil and place them in a single layer on the hot baking sheet.
5) Roast the potatoes for about 20 minutes (or longer depending on how hot your oven is) flipping them over if you need to get them nicely colored on both sides and crispy.
6) When the potatoes come out of the oven, sprinkle over the salt, pepper, parmiggiano, garlic and parsley and toss them while the potatoes are hot.
7) Serve right away!
Recipe By: Laura Vitale
Link to video
Much Love!!! Let me know if you try for your Game Day treats!!!!