Fall is about the layers. Transitioning from warmer to cooler temps. I always gravitate to structured pieces with oversized elements that I can layer up……The boys and I just love to mix and match pieces…. It's a great way to look stylish and to be ready for any weather changes.... Let's just take a minute to say yesterday was 84 DEGREES... in OCTOBER!!! Im so ready for sweater weather.....Here are some of our favorites.....
1. That Classic Plaid.... A classic plaid is such a staple in a fall wardrobe. I have fitted ones, oversized ones, probably too many in between... (as Trav would say) but I just love them. I throw them on with a jeans and create a stylish outfit that I can run after kids.... Paired with a graphic T and some jeans, a plaid can also be that perfect coverup... I personally like the dimension of a plaid lace.... I paired a Graphic T with a lace bralette and threw a plaid on to give that extra pop... It also is a great way to be prepared for weather changes......
Apricot Lane. Sold out. Express- very similar- Gray and white
Rails - Navy and White
Local 618- Mustard and Black.
Im am so so very excited to have found Local 618. They are a local boutique that focuses on clothing for BOYS....... and young adults..... They have trendy pieces that can take my kiddos and myself from sport's fields to dinner and every where in between. Ive layered our favorite styles in several outfits.. YOU SHOULD definitely check them out... just look at this hat!!!!!
2. Sweaters for Days....... Sweaters, jumpers, cardigans, hoodies....... cool weather is coming......it keeps dropping bit by bit here in the Midwest..... With that being said, sweaters are my favorite go to piece that are just easy.... paired with jeans and you are good to go.....
Free People- Cream
Apricot Lane- Mustard
Local 618- Stripped Blue
Local 618- Midwest shirt
3. Denim, Denim and more Denim. Jeans with a detail are on trend. Ripped, frayed edges or cuffed for a classic look, denim is a must for Fall......even patch work or embroidery....... I have spent years trying different brands..... Ive been several different sizes so I can say for this Momma, these jeans and brands are my go to..... They have different styles for different shapes which is alway a must- in my opinion......
Express- skinny ripped jeans
Paige- classic straight leg with a cuff.
Articles of Society- frayed edge jeans
4. Booties with a Heel- There's not need to bring the "booties"back because they are here to stay....... This year booties with a heel.... a block heel are trending....Im a heel girl myself....I just think they add to an outfit..... block heels are so comfortable....I can wear for day....and do......just ask my students......This week I wore flats one day and I had a kiddo come up to me, look at my feel and then say....."Mrs Jones, I didn't realize you aren't actually tall.... you are my height." .......I just smiled....... They next day I was back in heels again.......
Nordstrom Vince Booties
Target Gray Booties
Nordstrom Camel Sam E Booties
5. Lastly don't be afraid to mix in pieces that are out of the norm..... I love taking dresses that I wore in the Summer or in early Fall and make them into a flowy tops.... Tucked in, a slight front tuck, or worn as a tunic, dresses can be a great way to transition your style from Summer to Fall.... I wore this dress to a wedding and knew I could dress it up or dress it more casually....
Hope everyone is well and you enjoyed our Fall fashion ideas......we sure love them!!!!
We've made it a year...... ONE YEAR..... Thousands of views and so so much more.... We can't THANK YOU enough for all the support..... To celebrate....Look for a Post this week to Officially announce details on our Anniversary Giveaway.... We are so so excited......